Those contemplating undertaking graduate studies in law have a wide range of options from which to choose. The factors dictating your choice will vary considerably depending on individual preferences.
The MCL is ideally suited to those who are seeking a strong corporate orientation within their graduate studies.
Key reasons include:
- Cambridge's reputation as a world-renowned centre of academic excellence
- the reputation of the MCL academic team as one of the strongest groups of corporate lawyers in the UK, Europe and beyond
- the MCL curriculum's purely corporate orientation
- the wider and more diverse range of corporate law courses offered on the MCL, compared to a typical Masters degree in law
- the small size of the MCL cohort (25 students per year), which creates opportunities for a classroom environment involving much more student participation and interaction than is possible in many leading Masters courses
- the fact that admission to the MCL is contingent upon excellent academic performance, meaning that students will be among a cohort of bright, motivated peers sharing similar interests
Please read further for a detailed description of the MCL.